Friday, November 21, 2014
Text Size
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Heard a track here on FA and don't know where you can purchase it? Ask here!

TOPIC: Silencers - Rock and Roll Enforcers

Silencers - Rock and Roll Enforcers 04 Dec 2012 07:54 #1

• mstr824
  • Fresh Boarder
While listening to a recent FA stream, I couldn't believe my ears when you played The Silencers Peter Gunn Theme. Where in the world did you find this album or how did you hear about this band?...I'm assuming you have a connection to Pittsburgh somehow.

Having grown up in Pittsburgh, I am very familiar with this band and actually saw them live when they played our high school auditorium and other local venues back in the very early 80's. I think I may still have the vinyl album stored away somewhere, but was wondering if there is a digital copy available for sale somewhere.

I've also been searching for a digital copy of The Vels "House of Miracles". I e-mailed Alice Cohen a few years ago to inquire about it, and she told me there was none available at that time but may be at some point in the future.

Dan M.
Pittsburgh, PA
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Silencers - Rock and Roll Enforcers 04 Dec 2012 16:09 #2

• DJEd
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 16
mstr824 wrote:
While listening to a recent FA stream, I couldn't believe my ears when you played The Silencers Peter Gunn Theme. Where in the world did you find this album or how did you hear about this band?...I'm assuming you have a connection to Pittsburgh somehow.

Having grown up in Pittsburgh, I am very familiar with this band and actually saw them live when they played our high school auditorium and other local venues back in the very early 80's. I think I may still have the vinyl album stored away somewhere, but was wondering if there is a digital copy available for sale somewhere.

I've also been searching for a digital copy of The Vels "House of Miracles". I e-mailed Alice Cohen a few years ago to inquire about it, and she told me there was none available at that time but may be at some point in the future.

Dan M.
Pittsburgh, PA

Hi Dan:

Thanks for posting and for listening to FA!

I believe I picked up the Silencers album (remastered on CD) here -> www.dntrecordingstudios.com/store/ Not sure how I found out about them - probably through a listener at some point in time.

The Vels were more than likely a digital rip from the vinyl. I just checked again, and other than someone on MusicStack (www.musicstack.com/album/the+vels/house+of+miracles) offering the vinyl+CDR, I couldn't find it on CD anywhere.
DJ Ed
Flashback Alternatives

...I am a DJ, I am what I play...

Silencers - Rock and Roll Enforcers 05 Dec 2012 07:30 #3

• mstr824
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Ed....you're the greatest!

Keep up the good work. FA plays the most original, unique, and eclectic mix of alternative 80's music on the planet.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

Site Statistics

• Current Active Users31
  • Active Guests25
  • Active Registered6
  • Unique Visits Today656
  • Unique Visits Yesterday214
  • Visits This Week2636
  • Visits Previous Week2424
  • Total Articles23
  • New Articles This Week0